Within the past year, I have made friends with a few local genealogists that I met through the FGS conference in Springfield, summer 2011 and other genealogy meetings around town. This has probably been the best thing I have done with my research for a few reasons:
- I always have someone to bounce my research or ideas off of
- I have like-minded friends (read no glazed over looks when genealogy is discussed)
- Having an outsider to listen to your research problems
- Someone to help you get creative with your search criteria for on-line research
- They are willing to send you a bit of business
- Fun, Fun, Fun
I am thankful for all of my friends, those that are genealogists and those that are not.